The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2009, 09:12 PM   #1
Zman86

Hello from Ontario...

Hows it going? Adding another forum to the long list, so I'd thought I'd drop in and introduce myself.

I'm Zach. I'm 23 and work as a mechanic in Ontario, Canada. I've been a Ford guy most of my life, but I've always had a sweet spot for C-10's. My very first vehicle was a '79 C-10 that I spent every dime I had to get, only to have it lose all compression and end up sitting in my driveway for a couple years. It was sold, I was sad, but I moved on to other vehicles and other projects, most of my time was spent with modifying late 80's ford Crown Victorias, and I even went Japanese for a while. Nothing could replace that truck though...

So, one day I was bored, so I started browsing the classic car section of Kijiji for no reason other than to kill some time, and then there it was. Funny story, I actually ran into the previous owner of this truck while at hockey earlier in the year, he caught me outside drooling over it. He had bought the '75 cab allready chopped with the floors/cab corners and rockers replaced, and used an '81 frame/bed that had allready been lowered with all Belltech stuff, and built it from the frame up. The build is a little rough around the edges (for example, the centre console is made out of an old flower planter), but it should be coming apart this winter to have everything re-done. This up-coming weekend I will be starting the teardown, and then the fun will begin. Aiming to have it completed for next spring....

Anyways, enjoy the pictures (even though they are crummy, my camera is dying), there will be alot more coming....

Truck that started it all

The new project....

Some of the body panel fitments are off as you can see, and the drivers side door pins need replacing..

The tired, craptacular 305. If its not to far worn out, it will be getting a minor rebuild over the winter so I can use it next season until I can save up enough for a crate engine...

[img]http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs136.snc1/5840_232583285386_896360386_8237167_5952455_n.jpg[/img
I'd like to raise it up a bit in the front so I can get some fender liners back in, looks weird without them...

Crummy interior shot, featuring mystery buckets, flower planter centre console and massive shifter for the tired TH350. Interior is the first thing that is getting torn apart...

Well, thats it for now. All suggestions, opinions and thoughts, good or bad, are welcome. Stay tuned for more in the coming months...
Zman86 is offline   Reply With Quote