The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 PM   #1
Gumby'sC20

Tips Needed: Saving my doors

As the title states, I need to save my doors on my 71 and stop the rust from its usual routine.

And seeing how the truck unfortunately spends it's days trapped with me inside of NYS...she needs all the rust fixed before the snow falls, meaning I need to start now.

Currently:

> the Rightside door bottom is still intact but is rusting along the bottom of the door skin and is quite rusty at the lower front corner of the door near the wheel well. I'm afraid that corner contains rust on the inside of the door itself.

> the leftside door bottom is rusted through and will be cut out and replaced with new sheet. The bottom edges and front lower corner is also rusted just like the Right.

I'd rather put some effort into these doors now and possibly put money into obtaining 'desert' doors at a later date. Any tips on what I can do now and what I can use to stop this rust?
Gumby'sC20 is offline   Reply With Quote