The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2009, 12:34 AM   #21
1964C10

Re: Paint job opinions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizer View Post
Personally not to be rude, but there are to many colors. Almost reminds me of an american flag with stripes.

I'd either paint the wheels to match the lower section of the truck or paint the truck something a little different.

Thats just my opinion and please do not be offended by it. My truck is in 100 pieces and I hope its at least 1/2 as nice as that picture.
No offense take at all. The spark behind this paint job was that I saw it on old Bel-Air one day and I thought it looked classy and kind of old school which is what I like. I figured I would throw it in photoshop and see what came out. Not everyone's cup of tea which is ok as long as it doesn't leave them gagging lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason65 View Post
Or mabey white seal coat then red base coat. Then clear coat with red pearl in it. A lot of pearl in it. Then some trim from one of those 60-66 costom surburbans. Like what was on the board a couple months back. The Impala like trim. Scuff up the white top and reclear it with some white pearl or mabey silver pearl. Chrome smoothies. Big fat white walls. Drop it about 4" to 5". Then Shlongbed the chet out of it.

Just an idea....
Thanks for that input and that would totally rock I think! Unfortunately this paint job is going to get done on the Rustoleum cheap for one I cant afford more, two I have always wanted to do that so here is my chance! and last, the body has some issues which I will try to repair myself as I am learning however I make no illusions that it will never be worth spending thousands of dollars of paint ont it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gostranger View Post
i think it looks good a little different than everybody else that is nice!!!!
Thanks for the +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fercho71 View Post
I agree
Thanks Fercho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
I know I'm showing my age, but back in the day painted reversed rims were all we could afford a looked great, especially with 1963 Chevy dog dish hubcaps. Most popular were black rims, white rims, or black or body color centers with silver rims. Any of these would look as distinctive as the paint since nobody does it anymore.
Since I dig old school would you mind expanding on that a little more? what color would you paint the rims? Thanks!

My build thread
Looking for help on completing the Disc Brake Upgrade Reference Thread

If you didn't build it, you don't really own it
1964C10 is offline   Reply With Quote