The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
*Dylan
Mean Buzzin' Half Dozen

The Joys of Driving an Old Truck.

Well, my truck is finally tagged and insured, so that means I get to start driving it just in time for college! Anyways, it's funny driving my truck and listening to all the squeaks and rattles that go on. I also found out that the truck doesn't enjoy going too fast today as well. I guess it's the combination of 2 spd. Powerglide and 250 inline six that say no to my go fast attitude. Well, that and gas... Haha.

Took my truck to the dump today to drop off a load of trash and on the way back since it's in the middle of no where I decided to let the engine breathe a little and gave it some gas. Made it up to 70 MPH, the engine was screaming as my brick nearly broke the sound barrier, or so it felt. I love the looks I get from people and my dad has had a few people come up and say they've seen me driving it around. They tend to say it looks really cool and like a rat rod. A few days ago I got the pleasure of parking beside a mint 69 c10 with a 383 stroker motor in it, me and the guy sat outside in the parking lot and chatted a bit, was really cool. I kind of felt like I belonged and not like the pestering kid that just wants to know about what your driving. I find people also don't blow you off as much if they own a classic and see you in one as well.

One thing that sucks though is the fact that my headlights are the equivalent of strapping two average flashlights or one good maglight to your hood. It's a nightmare driving at night, god forbid when I have to drive at night and it's raining as well. I'll be stuck with a flashlight and windshield wipers that have two speeds, slow as hell, and slow. My first time driving at night I got followed by what I think was a cop and I had one headlight and one tail light out, that was a nerve racking experience as I still have yet to get a ticket.

Just felt like writing something for some reason and figured I'd do it here. What experiences have you had while driving your truck, and what joys/dislikes do you find in them?

Oh, and you should have seen the look on the peoples faces at the dump when I hopped back out of my truck specifically to take a picture, it was great!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
MY TRUCK (Now for sale)
1967 C10 SWB
Dylan

Last edited by *Dylan; 08-16-2009 at 01:16 AM.
*Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote