The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2009, 11:38 PM   #1
im tha best

i need some questions answered asap

Ok I'm some might say I'm just a kid and what not but I love my truck and I have so much in mind but I know its gonna take time and effort cause if it was easy everyone would be doing it. I know some things but I dont know all that I need to.

Along those lines, I have a few questions

1. Is it absolutely necessary for me to put new shocks on after I install aftermarket drop springs and I have 255/70/17 all the way around and I'm planning on doing a 3/5 drop but I was wondering if I would have enough room for it so it wouldnt rub.

2. What would i need to do in order to fix my speedomoter which is broken along with my fuel gauge which is also broken. Along those lines, how difficult would it be to install a tach in the center between the speedometer and the fuel gauge in the stock empty spot?

3. I just now started going through my truck becuase I havent had the time to spend on it, but when I bought it, the guy i got it from said whatever was inside the truck was mine. So there is new window rubber, I'm guessing because the passenger doesnt have a seal and the driver side is blowing off into the wind. literally. The only thing is, I dont know how to put it in and i dont know what kinda of glue or whatever I need to keep it up there. Its a loonnngggg piece of rubber that fits exactly in the window seal spot so Im pretty sure thats what its for.

4. I do not have power brakes and I just replaced the front brakes and I have the rear brakes to be put on tomorrow but it still takes for ever for me to stop. The pedal can be allll the way on the floor and its still creepin through the stop sign but if I push really hard it just locks up the front tires and they squeal and cause a scene. How would I go about fixing that problem and how can I make it where the pedal only travels a small distance before it starts to stop insteat of stomping on it with all my body weight? I know that when you take the drum off there is a little spacer wheel that you can turn to make your brakes expand or contract but Im not sure if thats what I need to do in order to have a shorter stopping distance.

Thats pretty much all I have for now. If you wanna see some pictures of anything I'm talking about I'll try and get some up here.

Thanks for all your help.