The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2009, 02:37 PM   #1
monte0185

Need GM parts guys help...

I hoping theres some parts people that can help me with one of my other truck issues. I have been messing with this clutch in a 92 Chevy K2500 with a nv4500. I finally had a revalation last night that its possible that some bright individual changed the clutch fork pivot ball out for the wrong one which is the reason I have no pedal on my clutch. So i go to chuck hutton in memphis today and had them look up the greasable and non greasable version and they brought them out and viola the greasable one is about an inch longer which would make up for the space that i need for the clutch for to work correctly and not rub or bind. Now for my dilema. The guy at the counter was about as nice and resposive as a rock when i asked questions so im hoping someone here can answer them.

The non greasable one which is too short screws into the bell housing. The greasable one does not. Is there some kind of bushing that screws into the bell housing that the greasable one sits in or is there a completely different bell housing??

Can someone help please this thing has been a headache for over a month now. I just hate it when people get cheap. I think thats what happened. The greasable one is 71$ as opposed to the non greasable one which is only 15$ then when it wasnt right they just put the throwout bearing in front of the fork to get it to work.

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
monte0185 is offline   Reply With Quote