The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #27
vtblazer

Re: Opinions needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Yup,I`m askin`for it now.

I`ll be putting a 6" lift on my`72 GMC K2500 as soon as I order brake lines and cables.I have a set of 12.50/35s and a set of 12.50/37s.I really want to run the 37s with my white steel 9.75s and hub caps.The truck has TH350 and 3.54 rears.the plan is to swap in either a 4.0 3/4 set or 1 ton set I have (prolly the 1t).I really don`t want to get into the axle swap at the moment.I want to go over everything,rebuild,and do rear discs on the No-Slip HO52 before installing.I don`t want the truck down very long in good weather and will do the axles/swap this winter.
That leads me to the question I want opinions on...How do you all think it will run with 35s or 37s?i know it will need lower gears to run best.But,do you think I can get by with road driving for the rest of the good weather?I love the power now and I know I`ll lose that.it squeels the 12.50/33s with posi hitting 2nd.I know I`ll lose that even with 4.10s.But,I like this tire size with 4.10s.That`s low enough for me.My last one had a 4spd,so it`s been awhile and I`d like to hear what you guys think.i`d wait or winter but the 33s are aged and keeping me from driving much now.
I realize the 37s will be tight with the 6" springs.I won`t be tearing it up off road (as far as articulation goes) and i`ll most likely use zero rates.i could run the 37s on the 8.25s on it now for better clearance.But,I think the sSRs will look awesome on a 1t set-up with a stockish look.I could wait for a set of 35" SSRs.But...I`M LOSING MY PATIENCE!!!

Glad to hear you still have the 37's Tim.

I'd run em with the 6" lift, look at it like this.

Folks run 35's with a four inch lift all the time and will swear it's the perfect set up, so then why couldn't you run 37's with a six inch lift?
It'd be the same lift/clearance detail.

Would it be perfect? No, same as 35's & a 4" really isn't...but does it work? SURE!

As for the gearing, 4:10's w/35's are great but IMO, growing another 2"s larger isn't going to kill ya.
When I went from 39.5's to 42's, the difference was nominal.

Will 37's on a set of stock steelies look good? HELL YES.
vtblazer is offline   Reply With Quote