The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
Van Cour

my new truck (1972 gmc 2500)

Alright well i got this truck to be my first truck... I'm thinking its something good to start from no major things wrong. i basically got it for free we just did work for my dads friend that gave it to us. it wont be perfectly drivable in enough time... school starts and it would be my first year of driving.. so i got the option form my dad. you can fix it easy and just carry tools with you just in case..(hell no) or we can buy another truck... looking into a toyota 22re for gas mileage and dependability so we can do your truck right.... oh ya by the way the truck is a 1972 gmc 2500. i guess the guy my dads friend bought it off of was trying to restore it...(did not know how but isnt to bad.) so the truck is basically rust free and has under coating. it has a brand new chevy 350 with only 2000 miles. it has headers. exhaust. eld. carb and cam. it also has new brake pads, starter, all new rubber lines, new fuel pump. filter. distributor, plug wires, plugs... you know all that stuff along those lines is new.

the thing is that after all that new stuff got put on it just sat there... out side
now i cant remember my photobucket so i will give you the link to my myspace album. just tell me what you think. im going to paint it black and keep the trim and jsut clean it up im getting new tires and rims goign to be chrome and i will do a 8 in ch lift.. the right way all springs so its nice and soft. redo interior and put a billet grille and take off front bumper and put stock one. i have a brand new $750 rear step bumper that i am going to put on. really looking forward to seeing all the reply's. by the way i sold that truck thats flexing in our neighbor hood ditch lol it was a good truck just figured that if i put 10k in this truck it will still be worth a hell of alot more than those body styles. plus this one looks better.. more classic.

heres the link: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=1910585

also i did have a really nice pic of the fender wells. they have nice shiny black undercoating with absolutely no rust....
Van Cour is offline   Reply With Quote