The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #1
vegaschevy
Account Suspended

Getting rid of smog equipment

I have a 72 350 truck. Im sure some of you are tired of my ignorant questions but I am learning as I go along. I am to the point of reassembly of my intake and carb I purchased and want to get rid of all the smog equipment.

From the canister I have a couple lines that go down into that area. They are not hooked up to the smog canister though. I believe they went to a valve on the stock manifold. The manifold has a vacuum type port thread into the passenger side of the manifold. it has two 1/4" or 5/16" ports on it. One def went to the smog canister. The other I am not sure where it went to. Anyone know? Or can you help me? Also the canister has a tube that goes to the front drivers side valve cover, I think I can just plug that with no problems.

Then out the bottom of the canister there is a line that appears to go down to the hard line along the frame. Where does this go and what can I do with that?

Thanks for all your help, I can get you any pictures if needed.

Last edited by vegaschevy; 08-21-2009 at 01:29 PM.
vegaschevy is offline   Reply With Quote