The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading > 4x4 Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #11
Rack Man

Re: "FRAME OFF" Has Begun - Wish Me Luck! - Pics

Thanks Conroe!

Been making a little headway….A lot of cleaning, repairing and repainting of tons of parts and hardware…..Also, went through the Instrument Panel and Steering Column….I wanted so bad to buy a tilt column but I had to draw the line somewhere with the budget and with a couple spendy purchases coming up (Wiring harness & Vintage Air) the tilt column got cut!

Did some repairs on the inner fenders….and learned that JB weld is probably the best “filler” that can handle the oven heat when getting powder-coated

Inner Fenders getting ready to get bolted up

Tailgate now hung….A little disappointed to still see a very slight bow on the lower portion of the inside of the gate…..Outside looks fine!

Instrument Panel all cleaned up with a new lens & bezel….

New Power Booster from CPP and rebuilt steering column in and complete...and my first "Oops"...scratch there on the firewall

Removed the core support and actually replaced it as I found some damage after I got it powder-coated and is was bugging the crap out of me…So another board member actually traded me for a perfect one….so I was only out the cost of powder-coating again…..Also, a look at the “All Terrains” I picked up...in lieu of the “Muds”….

A look inside the cab of what I got done so far (steering wheel is obviously temporary)....I also got the fuel tank installed....Interesting note, when I was cleaning out the tank I found about a 30" long piece of rubber hose down in it....Sounds like a siphoning job gone bad!...LOL

Last edited by Rack Man; 08-21-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Rack Man is offline   Reply With Quote