The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board > 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2009, 10:10 AM   #11
lks dcvn

Re: 1972 Blazer - 'Bullet' Project

I am waiting for my neighbor to get back from his vacation (he travels all the time since he is retired) so I can paint my Dad's truck and get it out of my project list...

In the mean time I washed the outside of the blazer this weekend - the top had moss and was black from sitting so long - it took me about an hour to go over the top and clean it up so it was white again.

I also tried to fix the gas gauge over the weekend - but I want to drop the tank to check the sending unit - since the guy I got it from put in a poly tank - not sure if he replaced the sending unit or just put back in the old one - I need to set aside a few hours of time - since when I do this I will likely find some other stuff that needs attention or cleaning or repaired (every project I have is like that it seems).

Some time ago I took a 3M strip disk on my angle grinder and cleaned the rust out of the passenger side floor - then treated it with some Ospho I had in the garage...after that I painted the passenger side floor with some extra Master Series Coating (www.nomorerust.com) I had laying around...it has held up really well. It is a good test since the windshield frame is toast in spots and leaks water onto the floor when it rains - yes I need to get that replaced...

There is still pitting in the floor after cleaning up the rust - but I have a replacement floor pan section coming and I wanted to test it out something before the replacement happened. Once the new metal is welded in - I will be painting the floor with this stuff prior to adding carpet back in...

I need to get some pix of the cleaning, and the floor now...

In about a month or so - I will need to get a picture of the 3 blazers in my collection

1969 Blazer 4x4 - 6" lift with 35" tires
1972 Blazer 4x4 - Stock Suspension with 33" tires
1972 Blazer 2WD - static drop = 2.5" front and 4" in the back

Should make for a good picture in the driveway...

Last edited by lks dcvn; 08-24-2009 at 10:12 AM.
lks dcvn is online now   Reply With Quote