The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
Terakilla

Gen II LT engines in 72 C10?

Okay for starter my name is Barrett im 21 and I live in a desert in west Texas. Several year ago a friend of my dads brought us a 72 C10 stepside that was in bad condition. He wanted us to fix it up for his son to drive in high school. We started by ripping the rotted wood bed and put some cement hardi board in. We also switched the 3 on the tree to a floor shift. Needless to say since my dads friend was a succesfull banker he justbought his kid a new car and gave my dad the old truck. Thats the pickup here's the car, about 5 years ago
Y dad bought a 94 Caprice Classic from an oil man for 600 dollers. Later a crack head rear ended him on the freeway bending the frame and making the car undrivable. The trick has the 307 and the car has the 4.3L L99.

HERE'S MY QUESTION, for a fun little project to make this truck custum and reliable I want to put the motor from the caprice into the truck. And not just the motor the trans, wiring inside and out, steering collum, AC components, fuel tank for fuel pump under bed, and radiators with ec fans.

SO IN SHORT has anyone put any kind of fuel injected LT motor in these pickups if so any pointers would help, thanks.

Oh and before you mention it I know the 4.3s lower range and I'm fine with it. I don't want this truck to be fast OR loud. My familys got more hot rods than we can drive, like my dads orig 65 shelby cobra ac. Exhaust noise annoys me and gives me a headache and the truckll be so dynomatted no one will here my music from the outside, which also annoys me, I don't advertise my music. I just want fuel efficiancy and comfort while custum.
Terakilla is offline   Reply With Quote