The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #11
Hollywood Knight

Re: Project " Melting Pot"

Here's the story with this build. When I first started out the frame was a 64 and I was told it was a 70. Front horns and cab mounts are not the same. So the project just sat there for 6 months . Then my painter called and said the cab was done and I already had the front clip painted.CRAP! Time to find a frame . Took a couple of weeks and found a 68 frame. Then it sat around 3 more months and my friend Tom said get this thing going you lazy ---. Hmmm. So it's been about 1 month since I've started working on the truck. This is what we have so far. Paint color is porsche red the brightest I could find. Built 454 with 700r4,lowered with CPP drop 4.5 front 5 in rear. Next I need to bye a tank, brake lines, finish the rear end and start putting the body on. Cab doors are being painted and then the bed. After all that the fun starts. Not sure on wheels maybe Boyd Vipers 18s/20 .Have to see if the rake is to much.
Hollywood Knight is offline   Reply With Quote