The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2009, 10:22 AM   #1
Cyrus

New Guy here

Hi guys and gals. My name is Joe. Been lurking here for a while, finally got registered as my truck is starting to take shape.

My truck is a 58 GMC 152. When i bought it, it had a chevy grille and fenders, but I've rectified the grille, and will soon replace the doors and fenders due to some body rot.

I'm going to build it up to honor my dad's old truck. It was a 52 IHC 1-ton. "Cyrus", as my dad called him was a work horse. We used it to haul firewood year round. I've only got a polaroid of him, but I'll scan it in when i get a chance. Dad had Cyrus painted avacado green and black. I'm not a fan of the avacado, so I'm doing a Lime metallic from an '05 Mustang. Did the hood a couple months ago to see if I liked it, and it's a go. Got pix of that and I'll post them up as soon as I load them from my phone.

Got a 14 bolt dually rear-end and wheels from a buddy for $300 out of a 79 1 ton chevy that I'm putting under it, as well as building a flatbed and running a TBI 350/700R4 with chrome dual stacks up the back of the cab. Pop only had a 6cyl and a single stack that wasn't chrome, but I think he'd approve of my upgrades. I'll post up progress pix in the project section as time allows.

Later, Folks!!!
Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote