The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2009, 11:35 PM   #1
kyfig70c20

Fuel Not Pumping, What Steps Next?

As I mentioned in a different thread, my truck basically started sputtering and quit running the other day just like it ran out of gas; parked it where it stopped went back later and it started right back up, went about another half mile and same thing; towed it home later that night.

Tonight, I pulled the fuel line off the q-jet and turned it over for about 30 seconds-maybe a tablespoon of fuel came out of the line which tells me I have a problem with the fuel pick-up screen, lines or fuel pump. What are suggestions for next step? I can see the fuel sending unit cover but I assume you need to remove the seat in order to remove the unit? Can I blow air back through the line to unclog if my problem is in the pick-up screen- realizing that would be temporary.

The old truck was running really good after having set for several years. Ironically, I had just left the autoparts store picking up some new lugs for new wheels, plugs etc.!!

Thanks
kyfig70c20 is offline   Reply With Quote