The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Denver64

Project Rocky Mountain High

Hey all. Well, I've been reading this board off an on for years. Mostly to get ideas for my truck. Well, the time has come and I've decided to do a full frame off restoration. The reason for my title is that I've been helping friends work on their projects for years and either never had the space or never had the right project to work on. I'm elated right now that I'm finally going to be able to work on my own project! As for my project, I bought my 64 Chevy step side short bed probably 4 years ago. When I bought it, it ran like garbage and then I figured out the coil was wired wrong, put a new intake, carb and HEI and it ran great. Still, no time or money to really dedicate to it b/c we bought a house and over the past 3 years that has consumed most of my time. Now, the house is where we want it and it's time for the truck! I figured I was ready also as a little over a year ago I had a friends 80 Monte in my garage and did a bunch of body work. I realized that I have a lot more patience now than I did a few years ago and that I'll work something until I think it's perfect. Put that all together and here I am. I have an OK garage in that it has one bay and a work area (the bay is kind of small but the truck fits). Between my brother and I, we have most of the tools I'll need. As for the plans for the truck, I'd like to put an LS1 in it and keep it manual. I likely won't have the cabbage for the LS1 and the tranny so I'm going to build a 350 in the meantime and use it as a place holder. I figure if I can get a really good base together on this, I can do upgrades over time. So anyway, here are some pics. I thought I had more but couldn't find them and have already started the tear down.
Attached Images

Denver64 is offline   Reply With Quote