The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
Walts_restoration
Real Projects never die

You guys can keep your sport bumpers....

This is what a 70 year old man did to my dads 73, guy was talking on his phone, stuffed a 2003 monte ss up the backdoor of my dads truck. Dad was sitting in traffic, saw the guy coming....well hes slowing down.... he should be....hes not......F@@@@k!!! BOOMMMM!. The frames not bent, tailgates fine, bumper brackets didnt even move, it hit the solid hitch first, and took the force on there rather than the whole truck, bent the hitch down, cracked the welds on the bumper, and that was That. Apparently the monte got lucky and drove away, was a guy he used to race at the track around the time my dad did i guess.

Ya'll can keep your chrome fancy sport bumpers lol, hes honestly going to try and straighten it out and keep using it even though we have like 18 other trucks from 73-87. Its his work truck, got it at 41k miles all original untouched (Except for a dented tailgate, new gm on there now, well was new gm lol). Its got something like 230k miles now all original untouched, only bits here and there done, timing chain@180k when it went out, just little things. He will drive it till it dies. Could have been alot worse, lucky it wasn't. Funny part was, he was trying to get home because at 4.30 we were having an appraiser come out to look at my sisters camaro that some guy t boned her in about a month ago, the adjuster didn't believe why he was late till he saw the bumper lol.

My name tag says Ryan

KansasTwister On other forums
Walts_restoration is offline   Reply With Quote