The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2009, 10:45 AM   #1
kernalklink

"The White Truck" New Photos

I haven't been on in a while and thought you all would like to look at what i got going on - it's nothing spectacular but it is going nicely. I pulled the engine from my 76 scottsdale - 350 - i had it rebuilt for about 1000 miles and then the tranny went out in the truck - i found this 67 and moved on. it was my father in laws truck - original 283 truck (under the bench now) - posi rear 4spd rockwell t221 transfer case dana 44 in front pretty sad shape when i got it - but it ran(poorly) and everything worked good - father in law replaced the rockers and corners some time ago, but he got them pretty crooked, since its still solid i'm just going to drive it for now - doors close pretty hard.. i pulled the box and pitched it - sanded and primmered and cleaned it up a bit - should be able to drive it again this week or next.

This is the day i drug it home

the engine - it ran but smoked more than i did in college!

it had a orage interior but father in law painted it red... - so i covered it with black

first primer color test - rustoleum rusty metal red primer wins -

pulled the engine -

pulled off the box - rusted beyond... - and notice both leafs ar broke right in front of the axel... bummer

primed the rest of the cab - didnt fix the dents because then it wont matter as much if it happens again that way

finally replaced the leaf springs - had to special order them for this truck - pricey!

painted the frame and cab bottom - all flat paint - ill probably undercoat most of it with rubber undercoating

a bad picture of my interior - i will have to get a better pic because it looks way nicer than this looks
Eaton Ho52 rear

"holy **** this thing is a tank!"

As soon as your born you start dying so you might as well have a good time!

Last edited by kernalklink; 09-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
kernalklink is offline   Reply With Quote