The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
LockDoc
The Older Generation

Now What...

-
Well, I'm not sure what to do here. I took the Red & White '71 Chevy 4x4 to a local cruise night last night and this guy came over and looked at it he said "did you get this truck from a guy with the last name of Kelly, from Nebraska?" I said yes. He said "I used to own this truck back in 1994". We talked about the truck for a while and he said, "aren't you the guy that built the Silver '72 GMC 4x4 last year" I said yes, and he says "I have a truck I need to sell and I want you to have it". You could have knocked me over with a feather… I asked him why me, and he said it needs to be re-done and I know you will do it and it will get finished. I went and looked at his truck this evening and this is what I saw. I thought WOW, It doesn't look like it needs to be re-done to me. So here is the skinny on it. It was done about 15 years ago and has pretty much been stored since. It has been started occasionally and has a few minor problems. He thinks the truck should be disassembled and completely re-done. It does have some surface rust spots on the frame and some of the seals are dried out so it leaks from a few places. The 350 motor is running rough and has some lifter noise. He did drive it from where he had it stored to his house but it quit on him a couple of times on the way. There is no rust through but there are a few places that have been repaired. It looks like they did a good job on those. It is two-tone Red and the paint is really nice on it. It has a new wood bed floor but it needs to be re-finished. My main problem is that I really don't have a place to put it inside and I really need to put the '36 Ford Coupe back together this winter. What to do, what to do… Sorry for the long short story.

LockDoc
Attached Images

Locksmith, Specializing In Antique Trucks, Automobiles, & Motorcycles

(My Dually Pickup Project Thread)

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=829820

-

Last edited by LockDoc; 09-09-2009 at 09:39 PM.
LockDoc is offline   Reply With Quote