The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 99-06 GMT800 Chevy and GMC Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
jholley

Air Conditioning Issues

I'm curious how many folks here have had the notorious "air conditioning loses it's program after a battery change" issue. I have an '04 Sierra with 70,000 miles. I changed my battery about two years ago (it was out of warranty then) only to have the drivers side A/C randomly go full hot. I can shut the truck off and restart it and it seems to be ok for awhile but inevitably it does the same thing again. I've tried all the home remedies for the situation that I can find to no avail. I finally took it into the stealership today to have it re-programmed. I already thought that having to pay $95 for a re-programming just because the battery went dead was B.S.! The service rep just called me an told me that I need a new drivers side actuator and a recirc actuator to the tune of $1248. Once again I say B.S! All I did was change the battery. I'm going to argue my case with the general manager and the regional customer complaint department if neccessary but I'm not optimistic. I'm just curious if anybody has ever considered a class action lawsuit against GM for something that should have been a recall in the first place. There is no way I should be hammered with a $1248 bill because the damn battery went dead! What the hell does GM do when they have to change a battery? Suck up the cost of repairing the A/C? No damn wonder they are bankrupt! Comments please. I'm considering building a website called screwedbyGM.com. This A/C issue is just the icing on the proverbial cake of issues with this truck that shouldn't have happened.

Jim

Garage fillers...

85 Chevy C10 Silverado LWB
07 Nissan Altima
2006 Mini Cooper S

Last edited by jholley; 09-10-2009 at 06:06 PM.
jholley is offline   Reply With Quote