The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-13-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
Sicboy

Let the rebuild begin...

I've been wanting to rebuild the 327 and saginaw in my '66 since I bought it 3 months ago. Well, since I broke a piston skirt a few weeks back, while racing a GTX mopar, no time better than now. Yesterday, my boys and I spent 5 hours pulling the engine and tranny. There must be a 1/2" of sludge on the bottom, back and sides of the motor. I'll be adding a .262 comp cam, HEI distributor, edelbrock intake manifold (blasted aluminum powder coated), Speedway Truram exhaust manofolds (ceramic coated) and aluminum oilpan & timing cover. I already have aluminum corvette script valve covers. I've decided to go with a satin/semi gloss black engine rather than chevy orange to contrast with the aluminum parts. I'll also be painting the engine bay black, after I blast off the 1/2" of 43 year old sludge on the cross member. Here's a few pics of yesterdays engine pull...

Last edited by Sicboy; 09-13-2009 at 08:25 PM.
Sicboy is offline   Reply With Quote