The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-24-2009, 12:07 AM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: 1970 VA Longbed Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0331grunt View Post
I really like the two-tone hammer finish look on the frame/suspension. I think I will do something similar. It's coming along good. (Now if I could get the chance to work on mine...!!)
Thanks. There are several colors of rattle...they even make it to work on plastics now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70k52wd View Post
Long live the rattle can. Done right, it works great. That wrinkle stuff is great.

Btw, I love the red interior reference pic. Sporty!
Shaved firewall will definitely be a nice touch also.
Thanks man, I just LOVE the way the smooth firewalls look, I've wanted a nice A/C setup, and I just picked up a frame mounted brake bracket.

I really like that red interior. It won't look the same because I am not changing my dash, but I will be smoothing the center part of the dash between the gauge bezel and the glovebox door. The console will end up flowing up into the dash and to the back and into the sub box behind the seats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mx574 View Post
I like how you cleaned up your cab. keep up the good work.
Thanks. It took about 6-7 hours to clean the bottom of the cab that clean between undercoating, dirt, and rust. Started with the wire wheel to knock off the most junk and went to the grinder to take it to bare metal.