The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
Imperial Kustom
100% gearhead

OT, but I wanted to share my good furtune!

Since losing my day job about a year and a half ago, life has been a bit of a struggle for me. This weekend however, the world seemed to be smiling upon me and chances were in my favor. After losing my jobby, I rapidly lost all the things that go with it. The projects, the girl, the house, the shop, blah, blah, blah, etc. Over a year later, living with my mom, I got hired on a painting crew. By a guy who doesn't pay. And likes children...*shudder*.
Friday I got a call from the owner of an upscale restoration and rod shop here in town wanting me to come to work for him. Done! Another buddy of mine came along the next day and offered to rent me his old house and big shop for next to nothing. Again, Done! And still another buddy gave me his stash of early Chevy and Ford hot-rod parts! Dang! I'm feelin' like a millionaire here! And last night I got word of a rebuilt large journal 327 for 100 bucks. Well, my last paycheck from the painter bounced, so I had no cash (not the first time either). But once again, a buddy of mine came to the rescue and bought it for me!!! I put new gears in his '02 firebird and didn't charge him, so I can see where the generosity comes from there, but the other stuff? Maybe I have just been a really good boy this year!!!
Well, I just wanted to share all of that with you guys. I am very happy and greatful that I have such great friends.

I never stopped playing with cars, they just got bigger.
Imperial Kustom is offline   Reply With Quote