The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #1
Rreemo

Opinions on value....

Some of you guys have probably seen me mention in a couple other threads that I am considering putting my 68' on the market soon. Well, it is going to be at the Good Guys show here in North Texas this coming weekend, and I plan to make it known that it is also going on the market....might just throw a subtle For Sale sign in the floor board.

Anyways, I have what I think is a fair price in mind for it, but I wanted to see what others out here think first.

Some specs on the the truck.....

1968 C10 original SWB Southern Truck (Texas and Oklahoma it's entire life).

- Paint is original shade light blue but of course base/clear now, and very nice quality...very straight. Outer rockers have been replaced, as well as the tailgate, but everything else is pretty much original. Has all new chrome, emblems, bumpers, lights/lenses, etc.
- Bed is original with steel floor and LineX bedliner.
- Black interior with fresh covered/rebuilt buddy-buckets, Cheyenne door panels, black carpet and tank cover, black dash pad, sun visors, new scuff plates, etc. Interior is real nice....I'd give it a 9 on a scale of 1-10 (has Dynamat installed as well).
- All new rubber/weatherstrips, window felts, etc....except for the wing windows, which are still in good shape for original.
- Factory tach/gauge cluster with new bezel
- Tilt Column
- Big Block 454 (.030 over with a mild cam, aluminum intake, headers, Holley carb, HEI, etc). New 4-core HD original style radiator with factory Big block fan shroud.
- 2004R OD Trans with about a 2000 stall (lockup) converter - connected to column shifter
- Factory 12-bolt with 3.73 gears (non-posi), connected via custom Denny's Driveshaft.
- 71-72 style front disk brakes and proportioning valve, later model small diameter brake booster, later model Suburban drum brakes in the rear.
- CPP drop coils and spindles on front, drop coils and adjustable stabilizer bar in the rear.
- Dropped shocks from CPP as well.
- 1-Ton front sway bar.
- Wheels are Torque Thrusts with the gray centers (205 Series) - 18x8 and 20x9.5.
- Tires are BFG G-Force TA's (KDW with the nice looking tread design) - 255/45 and 295/45 (About $3000 in wheels/tires alone)
- Custom 2.5" exhaust through 2-chamber Flowmasters all the way out and dumped towards the ground right in front of the rear bumper.
- Vintage AC Sure-Fit Air Conditioning system ducted through all new factory style vents and operated with the factory heater control....air blows very cold!

What is needs - nothing major (IMO):

- A little more detailing under the hood, biggest thing would be to pull the inner fenders and send them out to be powder coated. The brake booster and mast cylinder are painted in machine gray and stand out too much right now - need to go back with black and cast iron on them.
- Fuel tank filler neck grommet, but I already have a new one. However I also bought a fuel tank kit to relo under the rear of the bed, but there is a little bit of interference with the exhaust that would need to be worked out - kit goes with the truck, though.
- Wing windows could stand to be rebuilt, but they really aren't that bad.
- Has an aftermarket temp gauge under the dash that I was always planning to remove and reconnect the factory temp gauge in the cluster.

All-in-all, it is probably the closest to show quality that you will find in a driver truck. The truck has won a few awards, and one was at a pretty tough show this year (Fort Worth Rod & Custom for those of you from the area). It has good power, the brakes and suspension are tight, and when cruising down the hwy. at 75mph you'll be amazed that you are in a 41 year old truck. I took it on a 200 mile road trip earlier this summer and it did great the whole way running the AC. It isn't the greatest on fuel with the big block, but at least it has the overdrive to offset that some. I think the small factory fuel tank makes it seem worse than it is too. I only tried to calculate the MPG once (when I took it on the 200 mile road trip), and from what I could tell it got about ~12 mpg. Certainly not good enough to drive daily, but the truck is also a little too nice to be a daily anyway....IMO.

Here's a few pics.....

00=ss=00

Last edited by Rreemo; 09-28-2009 at 07:39 PM. Reason: Spelling
Rreemo is offline   Reply With Quote