The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2009, 03:54 PM   #1
SDean
1968 GMC 2500 CST

Part Out or Sell Complete

I am the owner of a black 1968 2500 Custom that my father bought new when he retired from GM. The truck was TOL in its day with AC, 327 V8, TH 400, 4.10 Posi, buddy seat, etc.

Unfortunately, Hurricane Ike collapsed my barn onto the truck and other vehicles last September, damaging the cab, hood and both fenders. Originally, I had planed to have the truck repaired but have since changed my mind for various reasons. The truck runs and drives and the AC works but the cab roof has been crushed and the windshield is broken.

Though this is a one owner truck and includes all original documentation as well as many spare parts that I have collected over the years, I have subsequently learned that the truck is worth more as parts than complete.

One wonders why. I would much prefer to sell the truck to someone who would restore it but considering its value as parts have not done so.

Aside from the time necessary to disassemble it and part it out, which is incidential to me, might anyone have thoughts as to why it appears to be worth siginficantly less complete than as a collection of parts.

Dean
SDean is offline   Reply With Quote