The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
Rreemo

I made a decision on selling my truck....

Well fellas, after going to the Good Guys show this weekend, I decided that I was either way too low on the price I was thinking on my truck ($18.5K), or that there are a lot of people who have crack habits out there. I saw some outright crazy prices! But I also had some guys who evidently saw my posts out here that came out looking seriousy at my truck, and it became evident real quickly that I could have sold it for exactly what I thought about. (For you guys that I met...thanks for coming out, was great to meet you!)

So what happened??? I just couldn't do it!!! I found that I was too afraid to put it up officially for sale....b/c someone would likely have bought it.

So I now have new plans...the engine and trans are now offically for sale - 454 .030 over with forged pistons, oval ports, mild cam. 200-4R Overdrive with 2200 Stall/lockup converter ($1500) -

This will include everything except for the carb and AC compressor/brackets.....P/S pump and brackets, alternator, BBC frame stands, etc. are all included. I'm going with a late model 6.0, 4L80, and a little turbo....so I won't be needing this old-school stuff anymore!

Hit me up in PM if you are interested....I'm going to try to leave the engine/trans in the truck as long as I can so that it's buyer can here it run first.
00=ss=00