The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-05-2009, 03:24 AM   #1
ll____b0t____ll

Wink A Long Cold Winter C-10 Style.

Well snow fell tonight and I relized how hard of a winter this year is going to be.
Ide been working my tale off all summer to get the 72 ready but you know how that goes.
A brake pad and shoe replacement turns into bad wheel bearing and scrambling to parts houses for brake spring as the previus owner saw fit to use some from a completly different vehicle and the one on the truck are mounted wrong.
You know what I mean every job you try to tackle ends up being far more than you hoped for do to either very old original parts and time or the last person taking shortcutts.

Well Ide been tackling everything I could from new fuel system , new intake and carb,new exhaust,new alt and brackets,brakes, bearings,electrical and gauges,dash pad replacement, new heater ducting and outlets,new valve covers,new radiator and thermostate and even a new dome light and bulb.

All this in an effort to get as much done before winter comes and im stuck working outside in a parking lot on it.
My daily driver a 1987 Honda accord had been kicking on its last leg the last month what with replacing a CV axle and fuel filter and oil change and then fuel pump went out and finally she just gave up.
I had to realize I couldnt keep sinking money into both vehicles I just didnt have the money or time before winter hit.

So as of today my 1972 just got bumped up as my daily driver amd thats why its going to be a long cold winter.

Heres what I didnt get done:
Heater dont putt out heat , it blows good volume of air its just not hot by any means, this is going to be bad I can tell already lol.
Didnt get the weatherstriping around doors replaced so here comes the snow buildup inside cab , eek.
Reverse light we dont need no stinking reverse lights lol.
And while trying to get the stock worn to all hell springs replaced I had a lower spring perch bolt break the head off on the rear and couldnt afford help so its still ceased in there,and the worn rear springs remain with new shocks to go bad on account of them.

Its going to ruff but Ive had worse and overall I look back at this summer and have really got alot accomplished out on the ground and under the tightest of budgets lol.

So if you drive buy a fogged over windowed 72 step with a site sapport sticker in the back window and a driver showing signs of Hyperthermia give us a BEEP and wake me up lol.

Kudos to this sight and to all of you here and I hope your projects always go ATLEAST this good but hopefully better.
ll____b0t____ll is offline   Reply With Quote