The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
Mertz

Jet Performance Q-jet tuning

I have a 72 Chevy 350 that I put on an alum EGR intake and a Jet Stage 2 Q-jet. When I first installed it it idled fine but fell flat on its face and died when I floored it taking off so I made few changes. I changed the secondary rods to DAs and the hanger to a G. I read a G and DRs are a very good combination but didn't have the DR but DA is leaner than the ones that were in it (AU). It still fell flat on its face but I don't think the choke was all the way open locking out the secondaries. After driving a bit it was performing better but not great so I changed the vacuum can to one that is a lot quicker. That didn't work and created a bog at the transition. I also tried disconnecting the squirt pump and there was not really a lot of difference. Could have a bad pump but it seems to pump fine and I can see a mist of gas coming out of the horn. I also set the AV spring to 7/8 turn. I don't know what the primary rod and jets are. Somebody from Jet could probably tell me. I no longer have the little afterfire when I let off the gas I had with the other Q-jet I had on it. I don't know what to do next. I suppose a new squirter. I have a old stye performer coming that I will install incase there is a problem with the stock manifold. I didn't find any oil in the intake so I might not have a problem there. I am getting 19 inches of vacuum at idle but it drops to 0 when I get on it. At crusie it will drop below 10. The Edlebrock cruised at 16. Coasting I get 21 to 22.
Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote