The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #1
Rocfrog

Newbee Questions...

Ok I really haven't had any time to start working on the '52 but I have started looking into a few things that I know I'm going to have to address when I get into it.

Question #1 Where can I find a a good quality all season cover that fits the truck? The truck is outside and it currently doesn't have any of the glass installed.

Question #2 Is there a company that remakes the metal around the windshield? The part that the rubber gasket goes on, mine is all rusted out and I would like to replace it before I install the glass.

Question #3 What is the difference between 1st series and 2nd series and how do I tell which one I have?

Question #4 Why are S-10's so popular to swap parts off of? I have a '93 blazer 4x4 in the back yard that is going to go to the crusher once my buddy takes the engine. But I think eventually I'm going to want to swap out the front end on the '52 but which is better the Mustang II or the S-10? I'm super froogle so either I keep the Blazer because I have it or I buy the DIY kit that was on the TV show Trucks on Spike Channel ( I forget the name of the company that makes it) but it's only $230 or something like that. But I would like to know the pro's and con's of both systems and what else is salvageable off of the S-10's?

I think that's all for now but I'm sure I'll think of something else!

Nick
Rocfrog is offline   Reply With Quote