The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1967-1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
txsilverado

WTB Extremely nice quality 70-72 long bed

I am new here from DFW, Texas. My first vehicle was a 74 C-10 and my dad had a 69 Camper Special that he promised me from the age of 14. But when 16 came around I had to find my own. Ever since then, I have wanted a 68-72. I guess you could say I was "imprinted at an early age".

I currently own a 1990 IROC that basically lacks a good undercarriage cleaning to be show ready. It is up for sale to help finance the Cheyenne I am looking for.

I am looking for an extremely nice show quality long bed high option C10 or Cheyenne. It does not need to be a national show winner, but may be nice enough to grab local trophies. I would rate something like that an extremely nice driver, but I know everyones rating differs. It needs to have a very stock appearance including upper and lower molodings. No aftermarket seats. No trick custom paint jobs. "I will consider 1969 thru 1972."

Pass me on any trucks if you find one that is a good deal, or if you know someone who might be interested in doing some type of trade for a near show quality IROC.

Keep the economy in mind. I recently sold a matching #'s LS5 454 Corvette coupe in the shape I am describing for $23k when I bought it 3yrs ago for $36! I put a total of 1k miles on it during that time and spent $3k in upgrades.

Thanks for your consideration.

Anyway, I hope to find a nice quality Cheyenne or nicely loaded C-10 soon. Wish me luck, then I will be lurking around the board gleeming knowlege and maybe picking up parts here and there.

Last edited by txsilverado; 10-15-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Add 1969 to the year considered.
txsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote