The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
TheGreenCoyote

Fuel tank leak discovered.

So as I was underneath working on my '73 I saw what appeared to be a large damp spot underneath the fuel tank. The tank is on the right and I think it is a 20 gallon? As I lightly pressed the spot with my finger it started saturating the surface like crazy with gas. It is weird because the surface does not look damaged or rusty. The tank does not appear rusty at all. Is the tank just that thin now? I think I've been losing lots of fuel by the slow drip, drip drippin' away down there.

I am more than disappointed with the discovery because I only put the "new"bed on a few months back. I assume it would have been lots easier removing the tank without the bed on.

Is the tank relatively easy to remove with the bed on?

Does anyone here have experience removing the tank and repairing with one of those repair kits?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks for all the help with my project so far. I am really enjoying being a new member of this site!
Attached Images

TheGreenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote