The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
jasonroman

my 82 longbed...90 vette engine

hello all. a while back i was on here with a 70 longbed. times got a little tuff with new baby and had to sell truck. so i recently picked up a 82 longbed c10 that has a 90 vette engine in it. trucks auto. after lifting rug today, i find that at one time the truck was manual. the extra pedel in the floor leads me to believe im right about it being a stick at one point.
anyway truck runs good. im planning to daily this truck till the work truck gets fixed and i can use tht as daily and qq this one, fix as i go.
well so far i have noticed that the truck,s speedo does not work. the voltage and oil gauges dont work. temp might work. brakes seem good. all lights work. heat cluster i guess aint connected but theres a toggle switch that send heat through vent on top of dash.
truck has a moonroof. that i believe might be leaking. not sure. when i went to get truck it was raining. no leaks visable.....or im just retartded.
over the weekend i moved truck in driveway and after, or during rain, while inside the truck, i noticed water dropping on me. so guessin theres a leak. but today it rained all day and not a drop?????
also, the day i purchased car, in rain, rugs looked good and dry. today after i get out of work, and get in truck lookin for roof leakage, i notice passenger side rug of truck is wet. truck was parked for 8 or so hours and rugs wet???
from my seat i noticed a couple trickling water mark on the kick panels( not sure if thats what they are called') area below the knob that opens a door for heat???
anyway this is my sad hello. i plan to keep the truck and fix as i go. not sure where to start. well, actually. i went and saw truck 2 times prior to purchase. both times i check for leaks, oil/ trans. neither time did i see a drop.
now, of course, as MY luck would have it. i have oil spots in driveway. i took truck for oilchange quick because i noticed it was in the area of the oil filter.
been raining for a bit so not sure if its still leaking.
guess ill hope for the best and get back to you folks.
ill try and get pics of truck up soon. but look like more rain for next 2 days.
sorry if i posted in wrong section. and hello to all the squares
jasonroman is offline   Reply With Quote