The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
bradford

72 chevy swb 250 inline....new guy!

I would just like to introduce myself.
Not much to say about it.
Its a 72 250 inline 3 on tree.
Has some rust issues but really straight otherwise.
I have already gotten new chrome bumpers, clear lenses all the way around, new grill insert (one square was cracked), new door, windshield, and cowl gaskets, and window channels.
Everything for the interior in blue. Door panels and arm rests, bucket seats out of a 73, new seat upholstery, sun visors, BIG BLUE STEERING WHEEL, blue dash pad, blue carpet for the floor, tank, kicks, and lower doors, and bowtie sills. Oh and a new guage bezel with white faceplates, door handles and window rollerupper handles
I would still like to find a headliner with trim but no worries.
All this is sitting at my parents house waiting for me to return from Iraq and slap it together. (well, spend countless hours getting it together)
I got all the patch panels I need I think. got the outer floor extensions just in case, rockers, and cab corners.

I'm doing this truck for my wife although I really wish it was mine. Its going to be my first major restore job. I'm nervous and excited.
I hope she likes it and I hope she gets into it and helps me with it too.
She has had a 71 long bed ever since she was 15 and always wanted a short bed. Here it is.
Its going to be pearl white inside and out with blue upholstery.
Keeping the inliner until she says she hates it or get a good deal on a rebuilt 350. its got low miles 78k.

I want the inside to look like the one at the bottom except pearl white painted parts.
I think that would look awesome.
Anyone have a pearl white short bed?
Attached Images

Last edited by bradford; 11-02-2009 at 05:17 PM.
bradford is offline   Reply With Quote