The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
Ackattack

Re: LFD's low buck truck build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln View Post
You are almost right on the price. Keep in mind the 15K covered basically a frame off build that covered every aspect getting touched and re-built plus a few extra comforts. The only thing I did not do was the wiring and that was only because it was un-cut and in great shape. In the last 1 1/2 yrs or hard driving, trailer towing and a lot of fun cruising I have almost 16,000 miles with only an alternator problem pocking its head. So is it really low buck for a lot of guys I say yes because if you had this built for you at a shop it would be in the 30-40k range if not more depending on hourly wages.

Now I just ordered a set of bear front rotors and a set of performance on-lines alum dual piston GM calipers to try and get a bit more stopping power for the way I drive I have found the front brakes work great but fade after some fast twisty driving.

Kevin
LFD Inc.
Let us know how those calipers perform in comparison to the stockers.....especially since it will be awhile until I can find out for myself
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote