The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #24
Wilson_

Re: 1971 c-10 teardown & frame up resto

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyreep1 View Post
Thats awesome about the racing man. good to have someone say something good about less than a 350.

I have the patch panels for the rusted out areas and where there's pinholes im deffinetly not using bodo as i dont want a blow out BUT on the side of the bed for instance there is surface rust that im taking down to bare metal, in order to prevent it from looking sunken in I thought I had to use a thin layer of bondo to beef it back up to the same thickness as the surrounding metal. Is there a different way?

I dont wanna half to cut out and patch 1/4 of the bed because of suface rust and I dont think high build primer would do the trick.

So glass based media for blasting body panels, frame, etc?
take some close ups of this surface rust, if it is indeed surface and not pitted than you do not need bondo if it is deeply pitted than cut it out and put some new metal in there if you want it done right.

Pics are key when asking questions, it helps everyone here who is trying to answer a better idea whats going on.

did you get this bondo?

if so return it and get a better product like evercoat its worth the extra cash

Northern California Group

Met list: Cyclone, KCJones, TranzAm, extd56, hotrodhomi, mnky30, Rokcrln, Brad, JerryJones, Petey-pablo, 72Subby
Wilson_ is offline   Reply With Quote