The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #1
WHAMMYBAR66

Thumbs up Short "Rust Bullet" report

Hey guys.. I am working section by section, to get my blazer protected from the salt this winter.. as from the looks of the underside - it has never seen any..
The product I decided on was rust bullet. I did both rear inner fender areas last night and today. I can't say how it will hold up in the future, but it looks great now.
I watched thier videos and it looked like a good product, but I wanted to know how it worked for the weekend warrior, not the professional body shop.
There claim is that is soaks into the metal and, scientifically.. I don't know about that.
I WILL say that once this stuff starts to dry it shrinks down into every pore. Seriously. After 2 coates and some drying time, the under side of the truck looked more like it was dipped in the stuff that brushed on. It almost acts like shrinkwrap!
You can spray this stuff too, but I didn't want it drifting all around the house...
I dropped 2 coats of flat black on top of it and it looks fantastic.

I also noticed that the left over stuff that dried in the bucket was flexible yet hard on the surface....

Time will tell if it holds onto the truck this winter... I will keep you posted.
WHAMMYBAR66 is offline   Reply With Quote