The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
tjsblazer

Question Easiest way to lift body off frame - 72 Blazer

I have alread searched this forum and found some different ideas on how to jack to body off the frame. But my question is a little different. The 72 Blazer I have has very good body, paint and interior from some work the previous owner did, however, the frame,chassis and driveline could use some work. I am toying with the idea of lifting the body off so that I can do a proper restoration on the frame and chassis. My question is how easy is it to remove the body with out damaging the paint job? Should the doors and tailgate be left on or removed? Can the interior be left in? Basically I want to know what is the least amount of parts removal that has to be done to do this with no damage to the body and paint. Only have experience with vettes, never done a blazer before so need all the help I can get. Also, is there any good books showing how to remove the body. Thanks in advance for any help. So far this forum has been amazing.
tjsblazer is offline   Reply With Quote