The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #1
tonypaul

Newb from Austin...

Just joined, been trying to find a decend 67-72 swb roller locally for about 6months. The right one just hasnt shown up yet. Im very excited to get started on a build and share and seek advice from the board. Cruised through the albums and most of the pics of the 67-72 pics posted. Im very impressed in all of the trucks here. But there a couple that I just fell inl ove with. Not to put any of the other trucks down, but Big Al 71 (? i think) truck, the black and white one.... Man thats a pretty fine ride.... I had invisioned one just like it to build even before I saw the pics of that truck.. There was another cant remember the boards member name ( i looked at so many) but it was a GMC two tone with white and light gray... Super fine as well and right on track of what Im thinking. Im actually looking for pics of the same style of trucks but with reversed paint on both trucks. Instead of the black on white, white on black and the same for the gray / white GMC swb.

After about 18 years of building and racing drag cars, Im done with that phase in my life. Thinking back on all the money I spent on those cars.... I could be retired by now. But looking foward to spending some money wisely on a good build but this time on a good driver truck and buiding a good investment. Instead of just throwing money away on drag cars.

I already have my engine and trans done, got a good deal on a brand new Vortec 8.1L 496 crate motor and just had a used 4t80e gone through and now just need to get the stand alone harness done and of couse find a decent swb to start on..

Looking foward to joining the group!!
tonypaul is offline   Reply With Quote