The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
Beefcake

beat a turbo saub yesterday

Not bad- since my truck is a 3/4 ton with big tires. He stuck with me at first, but i reallys started walking away after 45+ miles per hour. I didnt shift into third till i let off around 60. My setup doesnt wake up till i hit atleast 3grand. I would have done even better if i did a break torque at the light. Im not used to racing or anything, so i didnt even think of it till after. It was at 4am in the morning and im pretty sure my exhaust is illegal... I'm currently using purple hooters which are pretty much the same as glass packs. Soooo.. i was kinda nervous.

Its just got a 350, with mild cam, trickflow heads, msd ignition, 670 holley carb,full length headers, 350 trans, corporate rear with 4:56. -electric fan set up.

I still have to work with the carb even, its got a slight hesitation when you stomp on it. I havent wanted to tune it till i get my new rockers on there.

next upgrade is 1.5 roller rockers. Im hoping that will wake this cam up a little more.

currently has 350/350/14 bolt. 383 and 400 tranny is in the works.
Beefcake is offline   Reply With Quote