The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2009, 12:45 PM   #34
justcuz

Re: 59 Apache 3200 Fleetside

You probably got a screaming deal from some old retired fireman who just got tired of driving it.

A 57 Chevy pickup is what turned me in to a Chevy owner. I helped a friend rebuild and install a 327 in a 57 shortbed stepside when I was in high school. We did this in our high school auto shop class as a semester project. It was a 3spd on the column and that little engine impressed the hell out of me! Everbody owned a 55 to 57 Chevy at the time and trucks were practically as cheap as pre 55 Chevy cars.

I was raised with Plymouths and Pontiacs, in fact when we did this engine swap in the pickup my Dad had a gentlemans Roadrunner. It was a 68 2 door Satellite hardtop with bucket seats and most of the same stuff a Roadrunner had on it. (I helped him order it off the Roadrunner brochure).

This little pickup seemed almost as quick as the 383 in Dad's Satellite! Of course the pickup had better gears, but the simpilicity and power per cubic inches converted me to a Chevy lover right then and there.

It took a few years but Dad wised up too after he had rides in a few of my cars!
justcuz is offline   Reply With Quote