The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Chuck Nukem

'66 Project in Texas

Hey guys how yall doin? This is my first post, id been lurking on the forum for a while, but a few weeks ago i came home with this beast. This place seems to have a wealth of knowledge, and im certainly glad to be here! Its my first time restoring anything so im def gonna have some questions as i make my way through this!

the first question ive got is about the radiator. the one i have doesnt seem to match what autozone/lmc say mine is. it looks like the 60-62 radiator from this place

Mine

60-62

63-66

my truck has all the mounting brackets for the earlier radiator. Has anyone else had this discrepancy?

I also need a little help on engine/transmission identification. Im pretty sure its a 283, but not 100%. The trans, its a 4 speed with a granny gear that someone put it afterwords. What might be the best way to go about identifying it?

Thanks guys,
Charles
Chuck Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote