The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-05-2009, 06:47 AM   #1
chadvicki

Engine Problems Need Help Please

I have a 350 SB and was driving on the freeway at about 65mph when the engine started to die then came back then die then came back. I let off the gas for a few seconds and then it was fine for another 30 seconds or so. I exited the freeway and took at look. Nothing looked wrong. In neutral I can rev the engine no problem. But when it is under load it started doing this. I wasn't able to make it home. It started idling at 2,000 rpm's and was very rough.

Here is what has been done to try to fix this so far. The mechanic put a new carb on it. Edelbrock 1405. That did not fix it at all. Took the manifold off to see if the seal was bad. It didn't appear to be bad. Said he is going to put a new seal on. Fuel filter new. Checked timing. Distributer is only 6 months old.

Does anyone know what else could be wrong? Water did leak where the thermostat is a little. Spark plugs and cables are also 3 months old.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad
chadvicki is offline   Reply With Quote