The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Building sbc for boost

So I have dealt with forced induction before; but only on vehicles already designed for it (previously owned srt4's, RX7's etc). And I'm fairly comfortable with the regular mechanics of the sbc.

My issue comes in when creating a sbc to handle boost. Currently I have a 355 built by the previous owner (around 12k miles on it). 4 bolt mains, scat crank (i believe its just the regular cast steel replacement), stock type pistons and rods, 2.02 heads (have to check casting #) and some other stuff.

I'd like to build a motor to handle a moderate amount of boost, however the source (turbo or s/c) is yet to be determined. I have spent countless hours on turboforums but since its a heavily mustang site I havn't come up with too much relating to what I want to do.
What do I REALLY need to build a mild motor for boost? I have been looking at forged rotating assemblies etc, but my power goals are in the 500's so I'm not sure if thats needed or overkill. I know compression needs to be lower (8-8.5?), any other recommendations? Fuel system etc? It will be carbed no matter what.

I can provide you with more specs on what I've got, and about what I want to do....but this post is long enough already. ANY help is appreciated!

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote