The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2009, 08:37 AM   #1
eagleuh1

New engine planned

Well, I've decided the 327 won't cut it for power and mileage. I tow a 5000 lb travel trailer for work, so I need something a little bigger than my Blazer, although its worked great for 2 years so far. I plan on turning this into my only vehicle, so am going to remove the 2005 5.3 and 4l60e from my 96 Blazer and put into my 68 C20. I'll be starting tomorrow after I clean up my garage. Plan on pulling 5.3 and tranny, cleaning and painting block and intake, cleaning up wiring harness like Killer1 had done, and painting tranny first while I wait for mounts and headers. What mounts for tranny and engine have been used by members. Plan on using Doug Thorley ceramic y'd headers. Everything on truck will be kept pretty stock looking otherwise. Don't know what I will be doing with 327 and T400. Probably hold onto for a while just in case??? Also, anyone found better gearing for gas mileage sake for a DANA 60 rear? Pics also.
Donor, second time over.

Gonna start feeling like a foster kid, moved from home to home.

She served me well for the past 2 years and 20k miles.

The recipient, my 68 C20

Wish I hadn't spent the money on the 327 rebuild, but oh well!

My wife gave me her 2005 Sport track after I bought her a new Honda Accord, so I can now start tearing apart my vehicles. Wish me luck. Jim
eagleuh1 is offline   Reply With Quote