The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
4tiresngas
An American Soldier

Got My Buddy Buckets....Finally!!!

Finally. I have my buddy buckets in my truck. I still have to get carpet and 3-point seatbelts, but it's coming along.

I bought the buddy buckets off Craig's List. They were posted in Atlanta. I was going to Georgia to see my son graduate from basic Training at Fort Benning back in October. I picked them up for $550. I went to Home Depot, bought a plastic drop cloth and taped it around the seat. I then took them to the Atlanta Greyhound station. They gave me a military discount and it only cost $56 to ship them to Kansas City (that was on a Saturday). I flew back to Kansas City that night. First thing Monday morning, Greyhound called for me to pick up my seat in Kansas City.

I got the frame bead plasted and painted and got the seats recovered in charcoal and silver (they were silver and red). I also had cup holders added to the center console. I got my door panels done to match.

So, what do you think?

My old bench will be on the parts board shortly.

dan.brue@us.army.mil
4tiresngas is offline   Reply With Quote