The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #1
dccarpenter

Slight Knock

Hello,

Well it's been a long hard road with my gmc '67 but I've finely modified some motor mounts and added plates so that the GMC 305 v6 sits nicely without the driveshaft hitting the tunnel. Bolted muffles on, filled the radiator, added oil and some motor honey(always seems to make my old engines run a bit smoother) and away I went for a bit of a drive. It drove pretty nice after warming up, seems a bit low on power but that might have been from driving the big dually in its place all winter.

When I bought the truck the oil pressure sensor (right above the oil filter) wasn't even attached but I plugged it back in while doing the mounts and have a 'oil pressure' warning on the dash along with what is a slight knock in the engine there any way to check if the switch is good or see if the oil pressure is actually bad? Also one other note..while changing the motor mounts I accidentally jacked to hard underneath the oil pan and bent it a bit, is it possible I messed up the screen or oil pump, can I drop the pan without jacking the engine again or will i need to remove the mounts to do this? Are new screens and pumps even available for the 305 v6? Sorry for so many questions just trying to keep the old truck going.
dccarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote