The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2010, 10:59 PM   #1
sjarrett71

Question Would YOU do it?

My father in law recently gave me his old truck when he purchased a new one. It is a 1996 Dodge 1/2 ton, regular cab, 2wd, SWB, with a 318/auto. Granted, it is not a perfect truck and has things it needs to make it perfect but it is reliable. I don't drive it much, I've only put 800 miles on it since I got it the beginning of October.

I have a friend from back home who likes to wheel and deal and trade stuff quite often. He has a 1970 Chevy with a NEWLY rebuilt 454 with an auto trans. Man that 454 sounds great through its new 3 inch dual exhaust with Flowmasters. It's also got like new tires on it. I looked over the truck and like it, it's solid in all the right places. It needs a couple cab mounts repaired, but the area around the windshield and firewall and floors are solid. The truck looks really good if your 10-20 feet away. The only thing is it needs it's brakes worked on to make it a daily driver and it is dang cold outside so I would be without a daily driver until it gets warmer so I could do the work in the driveway.

My question is......would YOU make the trade? I really want to but I don't know if I'm ready to give up the reliability of the Dodge during winter.