The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
99z28monster

What do yall think? 82 vs 94 silverado

Ok folks I am having a hard time deciding on what truck i want to keep. The two trucks in question are my 82 k10 long bed. And my 94 Silverado ext cab short bed. As for mods the 82 is lifted 4inches and riding on 35 Bfg AT's all about 6 months old. 350/700r4 as of now. The body is not in bad shape already have replacement panels for the rusted spots. If I go with the 82 I already have a 4speed complete setup to swap over.

The 94 is pretty much stock except the rear is a 14bolt sf and has an add a leaf. 5.7/4l60e. needs the transfer case swapped since it does not have 4hi, already have one though. Also the engine is kinda weak and wont idle down past 1500 rpm. needs rust repair on all 4 wheel wells, and one rocker panel. Has no carpet in the truck but everything else is in good shape.

I figure both will get close to the same on gas mileage. 82 does about 8-9mpg now and not sure on the 94 but its pretty bad. I really just want a reliable truck that I can DD and if things do break are easy to replace and are cheap. Neither truck is a real looker so I am not really basing anything off looks. What would you all keep as a daily? any opinions on what you think would be better to hang on to?

I know this might be a bit biased on this forum but I know many of the folks here have some experience with both trucks. Thanks for looking.
99z28monster is offline   Reply With Quote