The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2010, 01:14 AM   #1
Steveo77

My 84 lwb build

So a little behind this project I picked it up in the begining to use as parts for the 77 I was going to build. Found it on a forum my mom is on all the time guy was selling it because of a blown head gasket and he was moving and didnt want to haul it around. We decided to go look at it and when he opened the garage we were suprised at what we saw body looked great popped the hood and everything was there. When looking around under the hood my dad and I both noticed a busted heater hose and didnt really say anything offered the guy 600 bucks and took it home a few months ago we had a 350 in the garage so the head gasket wasnt a problem. On new years day we went to the shop dragged it in and started looking at checked the oil was only a 1/4 of a quart over full and no signs of water so we just decided to replace the heater hose and see what would happen(couldnt hurt it anymore if it was a bad head gasket right) put the hose on fill it with water dump some gas in the tank and charge the battery. After the battery was charged we spray some carb cleaned in it and it fires up didnt hear any noise from the motor and just let it run watchin the temp gauge temp climbs to around 210 and then drops back to about 180-190 check the oil no water found out all that was wrong with the truck was a bad heater hose. I was probably the happiest guy every after the past few years of failed projects so now this is my build thread.
Attached Images

Last edited by Steveo77; 01-06-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Steveo77 is offline   Reply With Quote