The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
Anadrol

HID Headlight Conversion: DONE! (Wow)

So, I've been talking about this on here for a while, and I finally got it done. We ordered a new 7" Lamp Housing, which my installer had worked with before and knew it was easy to swap the bulb out with a bulb from an HID kit. So he basically just swapped the bulb and installed the kit. It took less than an hour, and my dear lord did it make a difference!

My Chevy went from being dangerous to drive at night (it literally seemed like I was driving with one headlight in a car with 5% limo tint on a dark night) to being brighter and better than my buddy's '09 Mercedes. It's so friggin' bright, you wouldn't believe it.

From the front, the truck looks no different besides that the lights look new and shiny. They are the exact same size and shape, and appear to be totally stock. I'm trying to keep this truck completely 1978, but upgrade it with any and all modern technology that can fit within the '78 retro styling. So I'm really happy with the Lights-off appearance. As you'll see in the pictures below, the gay little $15 Wal-Mart fog lights have been removed.

Yes, this will probably annoy other motorists, but this truck is rarely driven on public streets at night any way and my NEXT mod (Yellow HID Projector Fog Lights "Frenched" into the front bumper) should make it so that we can turn the headlights off if need be.

3rd Person View from the Driver's Side

Camera Placed on top of the Bed Rail, at the rear, Driver's side of the truck

Camera Placed on top of the Hood, just left of where the Hood Ornament would be

Last edited by N2TRUX; 01-13-2010 at 10:06 PM.
Anadrol is offline   Reply With Quote